New Exposé Details Sexual Assault And Rape Allegations Against A.J. Calloway From Six Accusers
Photo Credit: LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 24: A. J. Calloway attends the 2018 BET Awards at Microsoft Theater on June 24, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Leon Bennett/Getty Images)
News , Television

New Exposé Details Sexual Assault And Rape Allegations Against A.J. Calloway From Six Accusers

Six women who have accused Extra host A.J. Calloway of sexual harassment have spoken about their abuse to The Hollywood Reporter.

Within the stories the women told the outlet about their alleged assaults, similar themes occur, such as Calloway allegedly assaulting them in a bedroom or hotel room. Some also said Calloway separated the women from their phones.

The stories have dates ranging from 2003 to 2013. Filed reports range from New York, New Jersey and California, the latter of which is still an active case.

Jeannie Delgado, one of the accusers, told The Hollywood Reporter that she first met Calloway in 2008 after they both shared a flight. She was invited to two parties at his house, the second of which happened in February 2009.

She said the attack happened at the second party. After showing fear over going back home in freezing weather and on icing roads, Calloway offered her a guest room–which was, in actuality, his bedroom–to use for the night. Delgado claims Calloway raped her twice. Aside from telling her former boyfriend about the attack, she kept it to herself until she read a 2006 THR article about Calloway’s alleged 2006 sexual assault of activist/author Sil Lai Abrams. After reading the article, she filed a complaint with the police in West Orange, New Jersey on Dec. 24.

Calloway was suspended Feb. 9 by Warner Bros. Television “upon becoming aware of allegations.” So far, the company’s internal review hasn’t found anything regarding workplace harrassment but is “expanding” its review because of the allegations.

His attorney, Lisa E. Davis, said to The Hollywood Reporter that the outlet’s “decision to publicize these vague, unsubstantiated and mostly anonymous allegations–without providing Mr. Calloway with the details and information necessary to meaningfully respond to them–is thoughtless and rash. However, even with the limited information The Hollywood Reporter did provide to us about these allegations, Mr. Calloway can state unequivocally that these allegations are implausible and did not happen. Mr. Calloway will not sit idly by as these false and baseless allegations cause further harm to his family, career and reputation and looks forward to clearing his name.”

READ MORE:

‘Extra’ Suspends A.J. Calloway Amid Mounting Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct

 

Photo by Leon Bennett/Getty Images

Shadow and Act is a website dedicated to cinema, television and web content of Africa and its global Diaspora. With daily news, interviews, in-depth investigations into the audiovisual industry, and more, Shadow and Act promotes content created by and about people of African descent throughout the world.

© 2022 Shadow & Act. All rights reserved.