Shadow and Act has the exclusive first look for the upcoming BET original film, Black + Iconic: Style Gods.
The documentary, which is hosted and narrated by Emmy, Tony and Grammy Award-winning actor/ singer Billy Porter, “celebrates Black cultural icons, pioneers, and activists and their impact, influence, and legacies in fashion.”
Black + Iconic: Style Gods premieres Saturday, February 18 at 8 p.m. on BET, BET Her, BET+ and VH1.
Here's an official description:
Weaving dazzling archival footage and original interviews with legendary Black models, fashion designers, and style icons, “Black + Iconic: Style Gods” explores the myriad of ways Black people have overcome racism to ultimately blaze an undeniable trail from the streets through the most exclusive runways of high fashion.
Black + Iconic: Style Gods is directed by Lynne Robinson with Billy Porter serving as executive producer.
The documentary will feature appearances by:
- Audrey Smaltz – Former Ebony Fashion Fair Show Manager
- Aurora James – Designer
- Beverly Johnson – Model
- Boris Kodjoe – Actor
- Broderick Hunter – Model
- Carlos Nazario – Stylist
- CaSandra Diggs – President of the CFDA
- Dana Scruggs – Photographer
- Dapper Dan – Designer
- Dean Yvonne Watson – Interim Dean of Parsons School of Design
- Dess Dior – Musical Artist / BET+ Original Series “The Impact”
- Dr. Elka Stevens – Howard University Associate Professor Chadwick Boseman College of Fine Arts
- Eva Marcille – Actor and Model
- Harriette Cole – Subject matter expert
- Helena Andrews Dyer – Culture Reporter The Washington Post
- Julee Wilson – Beauty Editor Cosmopolitan
- Linda Johnson Rice – Former CEO of Ebony Publishing
- Michaela Angela Davis – Fashion & Pop Culture Expert/Writer
- Misa Hylton – Stylist
- Musa Jackson – Model
- Myles Loftin – Photographer
- Selita Ebanks – Model
- Sheila Rashid – Designer
- Ty Hunter – Stylist
- Zerina Akers – Stylist