Kevin Hart is proving he is the man with the plan.
The network, in partnership with Lionsgate, first began development in 2016.
Details on the comedian’s digital comedy network dropped today including its release date and the programming that it will host. The network, called Laugh Out Loud (LOL for short), will officially launch on August 3. The network, in partnership with Lionsgate, first began development in 2016.
There will be a free version and it will be available without ads for $3 a month. Original content will feature shows from viral stars like GloZell, Emmanuel Hudson, DC Young Fly and King Bach. In addition, more shows will be on the way, like a sketch comedy from Anjelah Johnson (known for the infamous Bon Qui Qui sketch on madTV).
“Funny has no color or gender. With our friends at Lionsgate, we are creating a global network that gives a platform to the next generation of diverse comedians from all over the world, of all ethnicities, to tell their stories. Our culture of comedy is unfiltered and inclusive. Most importantly, we are excited to make the world laugh,” said Hart in a statement.
“Kevin Hart is an extraordinary global talent, and we’re proud to continue expanding our multi-faceted relationship into exciting new opportunities. He is not only one of the biggest stars in the world but a great entrepreneur and an incredible brand. Together, we’re building Laugh Out Loud into a compelling, content-rich value proposition for his millions of current fans – as well as new audiences worldwide,” said Lionsgate Chief Executive Officer Jon Feltheimer.
Here are the descriptions of its programming:
- Black Geo (Dormtainment) – Black Geo is a satirical investigative series into the origins of black culture through sketch comedy.
- Campus Law (cast: GloZell, Wuz Good, Cynthia Luciette) – The scripted sitcom is based around three recent college graduates who decide to get jobs as security guards on their former campus. Campus Law was greenlit by Hart at the Laugh Out Loud Presents: Just for Laughs Eat My Shorts pitch session during the 2016 JFL comedy festival.
- Dead House (King Bach, Emmanuel Hudson, D.C Young Fly) – A scripted sitcom from one of the world’s top digital comedians, Andrew Bachelor – aka King Bach. Living arrangements become interesting when a human joins the cast of a reality show where 4 zombies must live and work together in one house.
- Def Comedy Jam: For the first time ever, all seven seasons of Def Comedy Jam will be available on streaming, exclusively on Laugh Out Loud. The digital debut of the series that was a driving force behind the rise of hip hop music and comedy culture features legendary comedians Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Bernie Mac, Queen Latifah, Mike Epps and more.
- Hotline Ad: A sequel to Brent Weinbach’s “Gangster Party Line,” Hotline Ad will feature various chat line skits with celebrity comedic appearances (Snoop).
- Inglorious Pranksters – Stand-up comedian Jo Koy hosts this unscripted series that celebrates the Internet’s best viral pranks. In each episode, three UGC pranks will be given the ‘Hall of Fame’ treatment and only one will be inducted into the ‘Hall of Fame’.
- Just For Laughs 2016 – 104 comics. 52 episodes. It’s 15 minutes of original hilarity, brought to you from Just For Laughs, the largest international comedy festival in the world. This is the next generation of comedy’s A-list. Showcases include Godfrey, Ronny Chieng, Finesse Mitchell.
Prior to its launch, the LOL Network Facebook page posted the episode of a new series, Kevin Hart: Lyft Legend. Check that out below: