To celebrate season 3 of Master of None, Netflix and Lena Waithe’s Hillman Grad Productions put on Moments of Love: A Music Experience. The virtual programming featured queer Black R&B artists and a taped conversation Maxwell and Waithe.
“These artists represent a new day in music,” said Waithe in a statement. “All of these artists feel free to be themselves. I’m so grateful to all of them for sharing their gifts with us.”
The setlist included:
- “Identity” and “Red Rum Melody” performed Tiffany Gouché
- “Gratitude” and “Melody” performed by Durand Bernarr
- “In the Air” and “Excited!” performed by Destin Conrad
- “My World” and “Something New” performed by Asiahn
- “Reckless” performed by Avery Wilson
The performance visuals captured by Black women creatives at Winston House in Los Angele — Malakai Johnson as the director, Brittney Butler serving as the DP/Editor, Tiscia Haigler as executive producer, production design by Kiyanna Stewart and Jannah Handy of Blk Mkt Vintage. Lauren Carothers of All Worthy People serves as the producer.
You can check out the performances below and the Spotify playlist here.