Netflix has added five actresses in supporting roles for Ava DuVernay's Central Park Five series.
Niecy Nash, Aunjanue Ellis, Kylie Bunbury, Marsha Stephanie Blake and Storm Reid have all been cast.
They join two of the CP5 that have been cast: Jharrel Jerome and Jovan Adepo, as well as Michael K. Williams, Vera Farmiga and John Leguizamo.
- Nash will play Delores Wise, mother of Korey Wise.
- Ellis will play Sharone Salaam, mother of Yusef Salaam.
- Bunbury will play Angie Richardson, sister of Kevin Richardson.
- Blake will play Linda McCray, mother of Antron McCray.
- Reid will play Lisa, a friend of Korey Wise.
Based on a true story that gripped the country, Central Park Five will chronicle the notorious case of five teenagers of color who were convicted of a rape they did not commit. The episodes will focus on the five teenagers from Harlem -- Antron McCray, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana and Korey Wise. The series will span from the spring of 1989, when each was first questioned about the incident, to 2014 when they were exonerated and a settlement was reached with the city of New York.
Jeff Skoll and Jonathan King from Participant Media, Oprah Winfrey/Harpo Films, Jane Rosenthal and Berry Welsh from Tribeca Productions and Ava DuVernay are executive producing.