Here's an opportunity for any of you who aspires to one day be a creative/development executive - a paid fellowship to work at Sony Pictures for 1 year in their development and production departments. For those unaware, a Project Involve mission is to essentially help diversify the film industry, both in front of and behind the cameras ("Strong consideration will be given to candidates from communities traditionally underrepresented in film and television" as the initiative states); so this should be a wonderful opportunity for women and people of color interested in becoming studio executives down the road.
Full details from Film Independent follow below. After you read, to apply click here: http://talent-dev.filmindependent.org/.
What is the Sony Executive Track Fellowship in Project Involve?
Designed for individuals from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds who have a strong interest in studio development and production, the Project Involve/Sony Executive Track Fellowship is an intensive yearlong program that runs in Los Angeles from January to December. Under the guidance of mentors, the selected 2016 Project Involve Fellow will receive a position with Sony Pictures Entertainment and on the job training in the studio’s production and development departments. This is full-time, 40 hour/week commitment for a fixed one (1) year period.
Running from January through December, the Fellowship is comprised of:
- - Training — The selected fellow will rotate through two departments of the Motion Picture Group, which will provide in depth knowledge of the full life cycle of the motion picture process ranging from script development to physical production. The selected Fellow will spend twelve (12) months in Creative Development and Physical Production.
- - Mentoring — The selected fellow will be paired with a professional in the industry who will share knowledge and offer invaluable guidance.
- - Masters Workshops — Ten Masters Workshops with top professionals offering insights and information on the art and business of filmmaking.
- - Short Film Production — Fellow is given the resources and opportunity to gain hands-on production experience and will team up to develop and produce a 10-minute short film, which will be screened at the LA Film Festival.
- - Educational and Networking Events — Opportunities to learn from and connect with working artists and key professionals at the LA Film Festival and the Film Independent Forum, an annual event that brings together roughly 80 filmmakers and executives for a series of enlightening panel discussions.
- - Full-time paid fellowship at Sony Pictures Entertainment
- - A pass to the Film Independent Directors Close-Up, Los Angeles Film Festival and Film Independent Forum
- - Inclusion in the http://talent.filmindependent.org/">Film Independent Talent Guide
- - Year-round support from Film Independent
Only one (1) fellow will be selected. Applicants must submit the following materials for consideration:
- - A Statement of Interest
- - A professional resume
- - A biography
- - There is no fee to apply
Project Involve seeks individuals who are passionate about helping fulfill our mission to increase diversity within the film industry. Strong consideration will be given to candidates from communities traditionally underrepresented in film and television. Candidates should possess exceptional writing skills, an ability to manage multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines, and work well in a team environment. It is important that you convey as much about yourself in your application as you can, i.e. what experience and interests you have that will inform a career as a production or development executive.
The Fine Print
Beyond the application fee, there is no cost or tuition to participate in any of Film Independent’s Artist Development programs. Film Independent membership is not required when applying to Artist Development Labs; however, all participants accepted into the labs are required to join Film Independent at the standard annual membership rate of $95. Project Involve accepts applications from filmmakers all over the world. However, those applicants who are invited to participate in the program should plan to be in Los Angeles for its nine-month duration, and are expected to attend all sessions in person. Film Independent is unable to subsidize any travel, lodging and/or visa expenses for any participants attending from outside of Los Angeles.