Tyler Perry lovers were certain that Good Deeds would be No.1 this weekend, while haters prayed that he would flop. The answer is that neither happened.
Though he came in second getting beat by Act Of Valor, the $16 million Good Deeds made in its opening weekend is the second weakest opening for any film of his since Daddy Little Girls which made just over $11 million on its opening weekend. Not a flop by any means, but he's done much better.
There are no doubt several reasons why the film failed to live up to his usual opening numbers, which usually average in the $24+ million range, but can go as high as past $40 million, but perhaps people just prefer him in his drag act and don't buy him as a romantic leading man
Personally I'm shocked that Wunderlust didn't do better. It's one funny ass movie
1) Act of Valor Rela. $24,700,000
2) Tyler Perry's Good Deeds LGF $16,000,000
3) Journey 2: The Mysterious Island WB $13,475,000 Total:$76,731,000
4) Safe House Uni. $11,400,000 Total:$98,100,000
5) The Vow SGem $10,000,000 Total:$103,007,000
6) Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Sony $8,800,000 Total:$37,832,000
7) This Means War Fox $8,500,000 Total:$33,571,000
8) Wanderlust Uni. $6,600,000
9) Gone Sum. $5,000,000
10) The Secret World of Arrietty BV $4,503,000 Total:$14,660,000
11) Chronicle (2012) Fox $3,705,000 Total:$58,005,000
12) Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace 3D Fox $3,100,000 Total: $40,370,0