World of Wonder is gearing up for a drag-tastic spring with several new shows coming to its streaming app, WOW Presents Plus.
One of WOW’s most popular web series, UNHhhh, is coming back for its seventh season, starring Katya Zamolodchikova and Trixie Mattel. A new series from the creators of UNHhhh, Why R Humans? takes a hilarious ‘docuseries’-esque look at life with robots populating a post-apocalyptic earth.
Other new series include Vanjie: 24 Hours of Love, starring Vanessa ‘Vanjie’ Mateo as she lives the ‘Bachelorette’ life, Lawrence Chaney taking on Hollywood in Tartan Around with Lawrence Chaney, and Heidi N Closet and Rock M Sakura starring in Muff Busters, a series debunking all of the myths moms would tell kids growing up.
Jinkx Monsoon will host sketch show Sketchy Queens, and Baga Chipz, Divina DeCampo and Blu Hydrangea will give fans an inside look at the making of their Frock Destroyers album in the four-part docuseries Frockumentary. Vanjie and Kameron Michaels will also return for the second season of Gay Sex Ed with sex therapist Dr. Chris Donaghue, and Christopher Hamblin returns in All The Queens Men as he learns what it means to be a Queen’s man. Of course, the spring slate also includes Drag Race editions of France, Italy, Down Under, Philippines, and España.
“We are thrilled to bring our global subscribers this diverse slate of new and returning series,” said Randy Barbato and Fenton Bailey, co-founders of World of Wonder, in a statement. “The robust growth of our audience has inspired us to double down on our commitment to original series and features, and we are tripling our content offering in 2022. We are not only increasing the volume of content, but also the genre, length and quality as we push to transform WOW Presents Plus into the royal destination worthy of our queen loving tribe.”
Trixie and Katya also added, “WOW Presents Plus’s most philosophical exploration of the human psyche is back for a SEVENTH season, can you believe?! We’ll be delving into multi-faceted human issues once more and asking the hard-hitting, thought-provoking questions, and which two people are more qualified to guide you through this existential experience than us? Get ready, because the diva and the doll are about to spill!”
Below is the full calendar for the spring.
- Frockumentary – March 15th 12pm PST
- This four-part series follows the lives of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK season 1 queens Baga Chipz, Divina DeCampo, and Blu Hydrangea, aka The Frock Destroyers, as they record, release, and perform their debut album, Frock4Life, during a global pandemic.
- Gay Sex Ed S2 – March 24th at 12pm PST
- Kamjie and Chris return for another season of educating the queers on everything they didn’t learn in high school, from pornography to cruising to everything in between!
- Why R Humans? – March 30th at 12pm PST
- From the minds behind UNHhhh, a hilarious, provocative format-busting docu series that ponders the future of mankind.
- UNHhhh S7 – Arriving in April
- Wait a minute…this isn’t Drag Race Season 7! Our gals Katherine and Tracy return for an iconic seventh season of UNHhhh, a show about everything, nothing, and talking about whatever they want.
- Tartan Around with Lawrence Chaney – Arriving in April
- Join Drag Race UK Season 2 winner Lawrence Chaney on her adventure to California, where she travels all around Tinseltown. Lawrence and her crew of celebrity friends, drag queens, and other Angelinos take a deep dive, asking the question, ‘What makes Los Angeles so special? And where the hell do I find a decent taco?”
- Sketchy Queens – Arriving in April
- Local witch and Season 5 Winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race Jinkx Monsoon is joined by your favorite queens and celebrities in a brand new sketch show! Their wild and goofy antics will make you laugh, cry, cringe, scream, and laugh some more.
- Vanjie: 24 Hours of Love – Arriving in May
- Come get these cookies! Miss Mateo lives her Bachelorette fantasy as she spends 24 hours getting down, dirty, and a little bit flirty with some potential new boos.
- Muff Busters – Arriving in May
- Rock M Sakura and Heidi N. Closet join their hilarious forces in a brand new series, where they’re debunking all the myths your mom told you when you were growing up.
- All The Queens Men S2 – Arriving in May
- Latrice’s right hand man Christopher makes his triumphant return to chat with more queens’ men! Joined by new faces and familiar ones, Christopher and his crew take a deep dive and explore what it means to be a Queens’ man.